The Rupp Funeral Home, Inc. has been serving families in Monroe and surrounding area providing compassionate funeral, cremation, and memorial services since 1864. For five generations, we have assisted families and persons of all faiths and belief systems with dignity and respect.
Our desire and goal is to continue our long history of funeral service, ensuring that your needs are met according to your wishes.
The Rupp Funeral Home, Inc. has a long history of “giving back to the community” and has supported many local organizations and efforts over the years. Most recently, a scholarship fund was established at Monroe County Community College in memory of the late William E. Rupp.
Please accept our heartfelt thanks to every family who has entrusted their loved one to our care. We look forward to continuing to serve your funeral needs for many years to come.
Donna J. Rupp
Thursday August 13, 2020 @ 4:00PM
We hope this update finds everyone healthy and safe during this chaotic time in global history.
Per the new Executive Order issued by Governor Whitmer, all essential gathering's, which include funeral's, are now again limited to ten (10) people.
In order to adhere to this new regulation, we will take the following actions:
• Educate families during arrangements of the current and up-to-date regulations we must follow.
• Present multiple service options to families that best suits their wishes to celebrate their loved one’s life. We will try to honor each request to the best of our ability while staying within the guidelines set forth by the State of Michigan during this unprecedented and challenging time.
• Ask for the public’s understanding and willingness to stay home during a private service, thus providing the opportunity for immediate family members and select individuals to pay their respects.
• Try whenever possible to limit the use of our facility to serving one family at a time.
• Limit our staff members during services at our facility, to minimize our impact on the total number of individuals in the building.
We are also asking families to make arrangements over the phone and through electronic correspondence whenever possible, and to reduce the number of people at arrangements to two (2) people in order to minimize contact and adhere to social distancing regulations.
Rupp Funeral Home, INC. understands the severity and the risk involved with the Coronavirus. As a public entity we want to inform you that we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that we reduce your risk to exposure while in attendance at our facility.
We have assembled a Coronavirus Response Team and are monitoring all communications distributed by the Center for Disease Control, the National Funeral Directors Association, the Michigan Funeral Directors Association, as well as our local and state health agencies in regard to all information on the Coronavirus.
To ensure that your risk is minimized while attending an event at our facility, we have put the following Emergency Plan into place:
1. Our staff will make environmental cleaning procedures top priority at our facilities. Every 4 hours all door handles, knobs, faucets, toilets, water fountains, phones, as well as any surfaces that come into human contact will be diligently cleaned with an alcohol based antibacterial agent.
*2. All food and beverage service to the public will be suspended during this time to limit exposure. *
3. A personal space zone (distance of 6 ft.) will be requested between visitors and family members of the deceased to keep from spreading of the virus by personal contact.
4. Our staff will monitor the number of individuals congregating in our rooms and if this number becomes greater than *10 people in a single room*, we will kindly ask that conversations be moved and continued in another area of our facility.
5. Posters created by the Center for Disease Control with information on the virus and how to protect yourself from contracting it will be posted throughout our facility.
6. Hand sanitizer and Kleenex will be readily available to families and their visitors.
7. Systems will be put into place to give the general public an opportunity to come, honor, and pay their respects in a less crowded environment.
Honoring and remembering a life is our passion and what drives us for excellence with every client family. Public health and safety are our first and foremost concerns during this time. We have developed this Emergency Plan for your protection, but we advise that if you have any concerns or apprehension about attending our facility, as difficult of a decision as it may be, please stay safe at home. We will kindly pass along any condolences to the family originating from phones calls, emails, or items sent to our facility on your behalf.
We will try to keep everyone as up-to-date as possible when information becomes available. We apologize for any distress this may cause during the extremely difficult time of losing a loved one, but we are obligated to conform to these regulations set forth by the State in the interest of public health. We are all in this together. Be safe, be kind, and know that the entire community is in our thoughts.
-The owner and staff of Rupp Funeral Home, INC