Rupp Funeral Home, INC. understands the severity and the risk involved with the Coronavirus. As a public entity we want to inform you that we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure that we reduce your risk to exposure while in attendance at our facility.
We have assembled a Coronavirus Response Team and are monitoring all communications distributed by the Center for Disease Control, the National Funeral Directors Association, the Michigan Funeral Directors Association, as well as our local and state health agencies in regard to all information on the Coronavirus.
To ensure that your risk is minimized while attending an event at our facility, we have put the following Emergency Plan into place:
1. Our staff will make environmental cleaning procedures top priority at our facilities. Every 4 hours all door handles, knobs, faucets, toilets, water fountains, phones, as well as any surfaces that come into human contact will be diligently cleaned with an antibacterial agent.
2. A personal space zone (distance of 3 ft.) will be requested between visitors and family members of the deceased to keep from spreading of the virus by personal contact.
3. Our staff will monitor the number of individuals congregating in our rooms and if this number becomes greater than 250 people in a single room, we will kindly ask that conversations be moved and continued in another area of our facility.
4. Posters created by the Center for Disease Control with information on the virus and how to protect yourself from contracting it will be posted throughout our facility.
5. Hand sanitizer and Kleenex will be readily available to families and their visitors.
6. Systems will be put into place to give the general public an opportunity to come, honor, and pay their respects in a less crowded environment.
Honoring and remembering a life is our passion and what drives us for excellence with every client family. Public health and safety are our first and foremost concerns during this time. We have developed this Emergency Plan for your protection, but we advise that if you have any concerns or apprehension about attending our facility, as difficult of a decision as it may be, please stay safe at home. We will kindly pass along any condolences to the family originating from phones calls, emails, or items sent to our facility on your behalf.
Be safe out there and know that the entire community is in our thoughts.
-The owner and staff of Rupp Funeral Home, INC